Hundreds of journalists at South Korea's leading news agency have ended a three-month strike called to demand fair reporting free of political pressure, a union spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
The 103-day walkout involving some 300 reporters and other workers at Yonhap News Agency ended Monday after management agreed on measures to ensure independent reporting, the spokeswoman told AFP.
Unionists returned to work Tuesday.
The strike was sparked by complaints that the management pressured journalists not to pursue stories critical of President Lee Myung-Bak and his key policies.
A special committee will now be set up to review and ensure fair and unbiased coverage.
Several media outlets including Yonhap went on strike in March. They accused the government of becoming involved in the appointment of their managements in an attempt to control news in a presidential election year.
A strike is still under way at the MBC and YTN television stations, while unionists at the KBS station ended their action last week.
Government officials deny interference in news reporting.
"We will make redoubled efforts to become a press agency that stays true to its motto of reporting the truth quickly, accurately and fairly," Yonhap said Tuesday in an announcement on its wire that the dispute had ended.© ANP/AFP