Six Chinese technicians employed on a factory construction project in Mozambique were assaulted by unknown attackers, state media said Sunday.
The director of the hospital where the injured workers were taken told Mozambique's Noticias daily newspaper that one of them was still in hospital being treated for head trauma, while the other five had been released.
The incident occurred in the central province of Zambezia, where the technicians are working on a rice processing factory, Noticias said on its website.
Police were not immediately available for comment.
China in 2008 became Mozambique's second-largest investor after neighbouring South Africa, pouring 76.8 million dollars (58.6 million euros) into the country.© ANP/AFP