The Dutch boy who was kidnapped last week in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur and was safely returned on Friday has expressed his gratitude in a video message for all the support he and his family received during their ordeal.
In the video, Nayati Moodliar, aged 12, says: “I want to thank all those who prayed for me. My thanks to everyone for all the support. You found me.” The parents had appealed for help in a video message they posted on internet following their child’s abduction. The boy said he was in good health: “Luckily I’m not hurt and nothing is bothering me.” The family moved to Malaysia some time ago because of the work the boy’s father does.
The kidnappers haven’t yet been arrested. If convicted, they will face the death penalty, the country’s head of police says.
© Radio Netherlands Worldwide