Wednesday 3 September
Love or money?
Lagos, Nigeria
Lagos, Nigeria

Speak UP: Chop my money

Published on : 15 April 2014 - 11:25am | By RNW Africa Desk (Love or money?)

They say money can’t buy you love. But in Nigeria, it can get you the flashy car, nice clothes and fancy meals that can be just as thrilling. Maybe that explains why young Nigerian women are going for richer, older married men or, as they call them, Aristos.

In this week’s edition of Speak UP! young Nigerians tackle the tricky subject of love for money. Plus, a woman married for over three decades also shares her thoughts about old-school love and how the institution of marriage has changed over time. With so many young women marrying for money, we’re left wondering, is there still a chance for true love?

Producer/Host: Joke Fayemi

Speak UP! is an audio show in which young Africans discuss thorny social issues without pulling any punches. It is created by a selection of young hosts and producers in Zimbabwe, South Sudan, Rwanda, Nigeria and Kenya, working in partnership with local media organizations and RNW. Each edition of Speak UP! provides YOU with a chance to express yourself – because everybody wants to be heard.

If there’s a topic you’d like to speak up about, get in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter!

jesse 30 July 2014 - 9:57pm / nigeria

do you need a very rich sugar mummy , daddy sugar boy or girl in any part of the country ? here is an opportunity for you to get one today simply call 0807 248 1374 for a hook up there are no up front payments or charges simply call today and get a wonderful and rich sugar mummy or daddy for your self.

moses 14 July 2014 - 4:47pm / nigerian

Due to the Semitic debunk of the amalgamation I would love it if u guys can hook me up to a nice woman that can take good care of me: for serious relationship that would lead 2 marriage more better if you don't mind here is my pin27894aa7

moses 14 July 2014 - 4:47pm / nigerian

Tosin Ogunleye 14 July 2014 - 1:49pm / Ogun state

I love my life

Brenard Arrey 29 June 2014 - 3:35pm / Cameroon

I love this profile and i wich to be part of it..

Brenard Arrey 29 June 2014 - 3:19pm / Cameroon

I love this profile and wich to be part of it..

sarah mebude 25 June 2014 - 9:38pm / Nigeria

I ave never seen a man dat can love me, cherish me, care for me, comfort me the way I do to man. But right now am tied of there life, so I need a gud, loving, caring man.

mikky 23 June 2014 - 2:05pm / Nigerial

please i want sugar mummy please find it 4 me mr lucky

Agatha egwumba 23 June 2014 - 1:23pm / Nigeria

Please I want to be one of u in this speak up I know I will one of u,please I need ur helps.thane and god bless

Agatha egwumba 23 June 2014 - 1:22pm / Nigeria

Anonymous 22 June 2014 - 5:13pm / Nigeria

Hello am looking for a lady that i will love and she will love me too for a relationship money or no money i think ladies are maturld then girls of our days am 25 years old am from nigera

kunnle roland 21 June 2014 - 10:28am / Nigeria

Trying to make new friends online

godknow's jim 12 June 2014 - 10:46pm / nigeria

godknow's jim 12 June 2014 - 10:21pm / nigeria

I will be happy to bless by you agency

Mr frances 5 June 2014 - 12:19am

Ég er Mr Frances lincon, lögmæt og virtur peningar lánveitandi. Við lána fé út til einstaklinga sem þurfa á fjárhagsaðstoð, gefa okkur lán til fólks sem hafa slæmur trúnaður eða í þörf af peningum til að borga reikningana, til að fjárfesta á fyrirtæki. Hefur þú verið að leita að láni? þú þarft ekki að hafa áhyggjur, því þú ert á réttum stað ég bjóða lán á lágum vöxtum 4% þannig að ef þú ert í þörf af a lán ég vil að þú bara hafa samband við mig í gegnum þetta netfang: linconfinanceloan@outlook.com

jameslucky 22 April 2014 - 3:07pm / Nigeria

ARE YOU SEEKING FOR RICH SUGAR MUMMY/DADDY/LESBIANS/GAY/ IN NIGERIA, GHANA, SPAIN, UK, ANYONE INTERESTED SHOULD CONTACT SUGAR MUMMY HOOKUP AGENCY IN NIGERIA(+23408170142780/08128926393) THE only true legitimate agent for people who are seeking for rich and wealthy sugar mummy/daddy/lesbian/gay in nigeria, ghana uk, spain, u can also have the opportunity to attend our sugar mummies parties and the executive ladies and men parties by contacting suagr mummy dating hookup agency in nigeria, start calling now for hook up with one of our rich sugar mummy and sugar daddy. for all works of life, we covered all the state in nigeria, ghana, spain, uk, our company is registered and license under Nigeria agency co-operation, start calling now to get connected within 24 hours and make more money (mr lucky...+23408170142780...email..godwinmikejames@yahoo.com....fb..id... godwin mike james)