Wednesday 24 September
A statue portraying African women of large built
Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Abidjan, Ivory Coast

Magic cream makes Ivorian women bigger and happier

Published on : 3 November 2010 - 1:41pm | By RNW Africa Desk (http://rnw.nl/africa)

If the West sees a thin woman as every man’s dream, in Africa, and particularly in Ivory Coast, feminine grace is defined by the complete opposite: supersize breasts, protruding buttocks and roundness are crucial to a lady. 'Bôtchô' and 'Bobaraba', the magic creams that enlarge backsides and breasts are helping the Ivorian young women fulfilling this dream.

By Selay Marius Kouassi, Abidjan

“The idea that women in Europe spend enormous amounts of money to get rid of their curves really sets me off – I would give anything to have them.” Lydie N’Guessan has come to Dr. Zoh’s ‘practice’, overlooking the Belleville market in Abidjan,
 to buy a jar of ‘Bôtchô’ cream. The ointment is said to produce extraordinary enlargement of the buttocks.

“European women would never get husbands where I live – they’re so skinny nobody would even see them.” says one of the customers waiting to lay her hands on the precious cream.

Resourceful Dr Zoh
He didn’t graduate from Harvard; he didn’t even attend Cocody-Abidjan University. Nevertheless, people call him ‘Doctor,’ a nickname which the 30-something Jean Claude Zoh holds dear.

“I’m as skilled as any medical doctor, or maybe even more competent, because I succeed where most of them fail. I satisfy my customers by making up for nature’s shortcomings,” he says with pride.

“All of these products are natural, with ingredients drawn from plants and honey,” as he scans with his eyes the various products on the shelves of his tiny shop. “I mix the concoction myself, using my grandparents’ countryside ingredients.  Bobaraba and Bôtchô were devised to help our sisters who want full figures. They just apply the cream twice a day to the area they wish to enlarge and it starts working right away!”

But this does not come cheap. A beautiful set of buttocks will set you back between FCFA 10,000-25,000 (EUR 15-40).

Social pressure
In Ivory Coast, many young women feel pressurised in their daily lives to look a certain way.  And Zoh's magic Bôtchô and Bobaraba creams are said to bring solutions to many of their traumas.

“I really like big buttocks, but I just didn’t have them. I had heard about these products, so I tried them and it worked. Nowadays when I’m out walking, I can feel the stares burning into my back, and I like that.” Fanta Diabaté admits with pride. She says she feels like she is alive, and she does not have any complex anymore.

“My husband left me for a ‘Bôtchô’ (popular name for a woman with a big backside). I’m still sad about it, and I’m determined to win him back. That’s why I decided to buy the Bôtchô cream,” explains Célestine Aya. His complaints: She was too skinny.

Boys too
In such a society, even the boys find themselves under pressure sometimes.

“My mother has come from the countryside to have a vacation here with me in Abidjan, and now she’s saying that she wants me to look for a woman, a real woman. She thinks that the girlfriend I have is too skinny to make me happy,” explains Arnaud Amoah.

“I’m very attached to my mother and I want to keep my girlfriend, so I decided to buy the Bôtchô cream for her. She only started using it two weeks ago. I hope it works.” says the desperate young man.

Any danger attached to these products? Dr. Ahi Hilaire, a pharmacist in the Cocody area in Abidjan, believes these ointments can be bad for one's health. "Besides the risk of having asymmetrical expansion of the backside, the creams may cause skin cancer and provoke complications in childbirth" says Hilaire.

lisa marie 16 August 2014 - 8:34am / united states

This natural way of getting a big butt has helped so many ladies. Www.lovemybiggerbutt.com is excellent and safe when you really want a bigger bottom. The exercises are perfect and the supplements you can find at your local vitamin store. Try it now!!! You will be amazed with your results.

helen james 12 July 2014 - 12:09am / uk

i want to share my testimony to everybody i have been married for 5years and my marriage was successful, but few months ago our romantic feeling was going down everyday there was no romance. I was scared that I am loosing my husband to someone else,so I search on the internet and I found a spiritualist that help in spiritual cleaning and divination to intervine in my love Life with the necessary spiritual cleaning, everything was alright again in my Life. DR.OYAKHILOMEN I met on internet help me out within 48hours,passion and romantic was again in our home and also help me enlarge my breast and ass with his herbs, our marriage is stronger than ever,specializing in the fields of Love, Money, Power, Success, Sickness,Pregnancy, Marriage, Job, Protection, Lottery,Court Case, Luck. etc you can email him via oyakhilomenspiritualhome@gmail.com

princess 26 June 2014 - 11:23am / kenya

Plz ladies dont place your order to bamba mumba he is a scam he take yor money for nothng be warned

mowat 28 May 2014 - 7:44pm / Ghana

pls my butt is too small so i want a cream for it,pls where do i get it?am in Ghana

Anonymous 14 May 2014 - 4:56pm / south africa

I bought this cream today, from Baba Mumba it's not in it's original container, as I saw it, it's white with some mixed herbs, hope it will work,

Joy 7 April 2014 - 6:04pm / London

"Thanks" Alvina cosmetics,the enlargement process is taking place,,, hope the result will be permanent,

ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP 3 April 2014 - 9:58pm / Nigeria

Hello buyers;botcho cream,yodi pills,biofantasy cream are all avaliable @ ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP,we can also deliver any of these products directly to you any where in the world via Transport drivers,DHL,UPS,.for more enquiry Please Email;Alvinacosmetics@gmail.com or call;08143387414

ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP 3 April 2014 - 9:57pm / Nigeria

ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP 3 April 2014 - 9:46pm / Nigeria

Buyers please contact ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP for you Botcho cream,yodi pills,bom-bom pills,biofantasy cream,for more enquiry please Email;Alvinacosmetics@gmail.com or call;08143387414

Anonymous 23 March 2014 - 2:59pm / nigeria

Got mine 2day,pray it works

Anonymous 19 March 2014 - 3:56pm / botswana

how much for the cream.

maureenlina 13 March 2014 - 10:08am / nigeria

Hi I need one cream that will make my butt bigger, pls how can I get it?

ALVINA COSMETICS SHOP 19 November 2013 - 7:10pm / Britian

Where can i buy this enlargement cream?

Amina 6 November 2013 - 7:23am / Ghana

My breast and buttocks is very small,i really need this cream,how can i get it in ghana

Anonymous 2 November 2013 - 7:20pm / south africa

Please help where can i get this botcho cream in southafrica

Anonymous 10 October 2013 - 10:14pm

Do NOT pay anythinng to this man his a SCAM be warned

Anonymous 9 October 2013 - 11:27am

DO not do business with Foladave pharmacy its a scam be worned ladies u will NEVER get even shit from the man after u transfer money to his account

Anonymous 9 October 2013 - 11:24am

DO NOT do business with David opara his a scam

Anonymous 9 October 2013 - 11:23am

DO NOT do business with David opara his a scam

juliano 23 September 2013 - 3:47pm / RSA

I would like to know where can I get the botcho cream in south africa

WAMBUI 16 September 2013 - 12:06pm / kenya

where do i buy the product here in kenya?
i got a flat ass and i want it to look bigger..

Anonymous 12 September 2013 - 1:22pm / Kenya

Let me know whether you have a stockist here in Kenya for me to get safe for my money,fast and convenient.

Regards,
Liz.

Anonymous 9 September 2013 - 4:04am / Ghana

I heard that, this cream can cause by cancer and also child complications so please if you can provide me with more information. Iwill be glade and happy if this medication is meant for me. Also I will do research before buying it. Thank u for your time.

Anonymous 24 August 2013 - 12:38am / ghana

plsss i need a cream to make my leg big n sexy which cream is d best,whr n how can i get it

Anonymous 11 August 2013 - 2:49am / untied states

how can I get this cream with getting my money taking away? ive place and order with this guy who live in france he sell the product on facebook and I send him 115.00 for 6 jars and didn't get it so how I know its not a scam?

Anonymous 11 August 2013 - 2:49am / untied states

Anonymous 10 August 2013 - 11:05pm / South Africa

Any distributors of Dr Zoh's products around South Africa? the real stuff please.

Anonymous 7 August 2013 - 11:54am / South africa

Hi guys, Where can I buy Botcho cream in South Africa

ksshish sharma 17 July 2013 - 7:11pm / india

I want hips cream

guerda 17 July 2013 - 4:37pm / usa

Can u tell me where l can purchase the botcho cream