Sunday 20 April
A statue portraying African women of large built
Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Abidjan, Ivory Coast

Magic cream makes Ivorian women bigger and happier

Published on : 3 November 2010 - 1:41pm | By RNW Africa Desk (http://rnw.nl/africa)

If the West sees a thin woman as every man’s dream, in Africa, and particularly in Ivory Coast, feminine grace is defined by the complete opposite: supersize breasts, protruding buttocks and roundness are crucial to a lady. 'Bôtchô' and 'Bobaraba', the magic creams that enlarge backsides and breasts are helping the Ivorian young women fulfilling this dream.

By Selay Marius Kouassi, Abidjan

“The idea that women in Europe spend enormous amounts of money to get rid of their curves really sets me off – I would give anything to have them.” Lydie N’Guessan has come to Dr. Zoh’s ‘practice’, overlooking the Belleville market in Abidjan,
 to buy a jar of ‘Bôtchô’ cream. The ointment is said to produce extraordinary enlargement of the buttocks.

“European women would never get husbands where I live – they’re so skinny nobody would even see them.” says one of the customers waiting to lay her hands on the precious cream.

Resourceful Dr Zoh
He didn’t graduate from Harvard; he didn’t even attend Cocody-Abidjan University. Nevertheless, people call him ‘Doctor,’ a nickname which the 30-something Jean Claude Zoh holds dear.

“I’m as skilled as any medical doctor, or maybe even more competent, because I succeed where most of them fail. I satisfy my customers by making up for nature’s shortcomings,” he says with pride.

“All of these products are natural, with ingredients drawn from plants and honey,” as he scans with his eyes the various products on the shelves of his tiny shop. “I mix the concoction myself, using my grandparents’ countryside ingredients.  Bobaraba and Bôtchô were devised to help our sisters who want full figures. They just apply the cream twice a day to the area they wish to enlarge and it starts working right away!”

But this does not come cheap. A beautiful set of buttocks will set you back between FCFA 10,000-25,000 (EUR 15-40).

Social pressure
In Ivory Coast, many young women feel pressurised in their daily lives to look a certain way.  And Zoh's magic Bôtchô and Bobaraba creams are said to bring solutions to many of their traumas.

“I really like big buttocks, but I just didn’t have them. I had heard about these products, so I tried them and it worked. Nowadays when I’m out walking, I can feel the stares burning into my back, and I like that.” Fanta Diabaté admits with pride. She says she feels like she is alive, and she does not have any complex anymore.

“My husband left me for a ‘Bôtchô’ (popular name for a woman with a big backside). I’m still sad about it, and I’m determined to win him back. That’s why I decided to buy the Bôtchô cream,” explains Célestine Aya. His complaints: She was too skinny.

Boys too
In such a society, even the boys find themselves under pressure sometimes.

“My mother has come from the countryside to have a vacation here with me in Abidjan, and now she’s saying that she wants me to look for a woman, a real woman. She thinks that the girlfriend I have is too skinny to make me happy,” explains Arnaud Amoah.

“I’m very attached to my mother and I want to keep my girlfriend, so I decided to buy the Bôtchô cream for her. She only started using it two weeks ago. I hope it works.” says the desperate young man.

Any danger attached to these products? Dr. Ahi Hilaire, a pharmacist in the Cocody area in Abidjan, believes these ointments can be bad for one's health. "Besides the risk of having asymmetrical expansion of the backside, the creams may cause skin cancer and provoke complications in childbirth" says Hilaire.

Joy 7 April 2014 - 6:04pm / London

"Thanks" Alvina cosmetics,the enlargement process is taking place,,, hope the result will be permanent,

ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP 3 April 2014 - 9:58pm / Nigeria

Hello buyers;botcho cream,yodi pills,biofantasy cream are all avaliable @ ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP,we can also deliver any of these products directly to you any where in the world via Transport drivers,DHL,UPS,.for more enquiry Please Email;Alvinacosmetics@gmail.com or call;08143387414

ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP 3 April 2014 - 9:57pm / Nigeria

ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP 3 April 2014 - 9:46pm / Nigeria

Buyers please contact ALVINA COSMETIC SHOP for you Botcho cream,yodi pills,bom-bom pills,biofantasy cream,for more enquiry please Email;Alvinacosmetics@gmail.com or call;08143387414

Anonymous 23 March 2014 - 2:59pm / nigeria

Got mine 2day,pray it works

Anonymous 19 March 2014 - 3:56pm / botswana

how much for the cream.

maureenlina 13 March 2014 - 10:08am / nigeria

Hi I need one cream that will make my butt bigger, pls how can I get it?

ALVINA COSMETICS SHOP 19 November 2013 - 7:10pm / Britian

Where can i buy this enlargement cream?

Amina 6 November 2013 - 7:23am / Ghana

My breast and buttocks is very small,i really need this cream,how can i get it in ghana

Anonymous 2 November 2013 - 7:20pm / south africa

Please help where can i get this botcho cream in southafrica

Anonymous 10 October 2013 - 10:14pm

Do NOT pay anythinng to this man his a SCAM be warned

Anonymous 9 October 2013 - 11:27am

DO not do business with Foladave pharmacy its a scam be worned ladies u will NEVER get even shit from the man after u transfer money to his account

Anonymous 9 October 2013 - 11:24am

DO NOT do business with David opara his a scam

Anonymous 9 October 2013 - 11:23am

DO NOT do business with David opara his a scam

juliano 23 September 2013 - 3:47pm / RSA

I would like to know where can I get the botcho cream in south africa

WAMBUI 16 September 2013 - 12:06pm / kenya

where do i buy the product here in kenya?
i got a flat ass and i want it to look bigger..

Anonymous 12 September 2013 - 1:22pm / Kenya

Let me know whether you have a stockist here in Kenya for me to get safe for my money,fast and convenient.

Regards,
Liz.

Anonymous 9 September 2013 - 4:04am / Ghana

I heard that, this cream can cause by cancer and also child complications so please if you can provide me with more information. Iwill be glade and happy if this medication is meant for me. Also I will do research before buying it. Thank u for your time.

Anonymous 24 August 2013 - 12:38am / ghana

plsss i need a cream to make my leg big n sexy which cream is d best,whr n how can i get it

Anonymous 11 August 2013 - 2:49am / untied states

how can I get this cream with getting my money taking away? ive place and order with this guy who live in france he sell the product on facebook and I send him 115.00 for 6 jars and didn't get it so how I know its not a scam?

Anonymous 11 August 2013 - 2:49am / untied states

Anonymous 10 August 2013 - 11:05pm / South Africa

Any distributors of Dr Zoh's products around South Africa? the real stuff please.

Anonymous 7 August 2013 - 11:54am / South africa

Hi guys, Where can I buy Botcho cream in South Africa

ksshish sharma 17 July 2013 - 7:11pm / india

I want hips cream

guerda 17 July 2013 - 4:37pm / usa

Can u tell me where l can purchase the botcho cream

Apple 22 June 2013 - 12:34am / United States

I am looking to purchase the real Botcho or/and bobara cream. I am in the USA and want to enhance my body frame. If you have to use western union to get paid please don't answer my email for I am not looking to give away money... please leave me information so I can place an order.

Anonymous 19 June 2013 - 1:24pm / botswana

i need the botcho cream an extra large bumms and curves urgent how much can i get it

Anonymous 5 June 2013 - 5:05pm / owo

I need botcho cream and a cream to make my leg bigger. How can i get that?

Anonymous 27 May 2013 - 12:12pm

Hi, i need breast enlargement cream.pls mail me the details

Anonymous 9 May 2013 - 11:30pm / Ghana